Skip to main content
Home / Notes / Can deeptech venture solve climate change?
Can deeptech venture solve climate change?
- Big influx of capital between 2006-2012 into ‘Cleantech 1.0’
- Collapse at 2010
- Lot of money into R&D focused capital lost
- Potential issues
- Requires too much capital to scale
- You can’t/shouldn’t bet on future policies
- For a long time the prize has not been worth the risk, now it looks like it is
- More attractive and robust exit opportunities
- There is a clock ticking on fossil fuels, capital is looking to get a piece of the ‘clean tech’ pie
- Improvements since ‘cleantech 1.0’
- Larger market size
- Talent of employees
- Proven winner/possible - solar and wind got cheap, batteries getting cheap