Part of my Knowledge Repository.
This page outlines the modified version of the Ultraworking Work Cycles, a productivity framework. This framework is usually done within a Google Sheets spreadsheet. I personally prefer to have all my documentation listed on my knowledge base and in a structured, written form. It’s just how my brain works.
I begin by creating a new document in my cycles archive from the template, dating it and answering the following questions:
- What am I trying to accomplish?
- Why is this important and valuable?
- How will I know this is complete?
- Any risks / hazards? Potential distractions, procrastination, etc.
- Is this concrete / measurable or subjective / ambiguous?
- Anything else noteworthy?
I do 4 cycles of 25 mins work + 5 mins rest, totalling 2hrs to complete my cycles. I schedule these cycles around 4 times a week.
- What am I trying to accomplish this cycle?
- How will I get started?
- Have I made any assumptions? Are there any hazards present?
- Energy (%)
- Morale (%)
- Completed cycle target?
- Anything noteworthy?
- Any distractions?
- Things to improve for next cycle?
Taking a few minutes to debrief, so that I can identify and lock-in lessons
- What did I get done in these cycles?
- How did this compare to my normal work output?
- Did I get bogged down? Where?
- What went well? How can I replicate this in the future?
- Any other takeaways? Lessons to share with others?