Part of my Knowledge Repository.
- Don’t be willing to accept answers that you don’t understand;
- Attack problems from multiple angles and test your own understanding;
- Be sure that the results of a problem are worth the demanding thinking required;
- Visualise in three dimensions to use as a conceptual ‘hook’;
- Be unafraid to look stupid and ask basic questions until you get it right ;
- Start by thinking about a question yourself before reading a bunch of stuff about it;
- Read information-dense sources with high amounts of detail and facts, and then reason up from those facts;
- When in doubt, go closer.