Part of my Knowledge Repository.
Time Requirement: 30 Mins / Day
This protocol forms the backbone of my daily routine and has a specific focus on processing inbound information and tracking some key productivity and mood-related metrics in a standardised way.
- Mindful tracking of important personal metrics
- Increase effectiveness of blog and newsletter consumption
- Frictionless collection of ideas, thoughts and resources
- Facilitate intelligent note-taking and journalling
1. Key Metrics
Complete my ‘Quantified Self’ spreadsheet in Airtable. Each day, I will complete the following metrics:
- Deep Sleep Duration (H:MM)
- Light Sleep Duration (H:MM)
- Happiness Rating (1-5)
- Stress Rating (1-5)
- Time Anxiety Rating (1-5)
- Exercise (Y/N)
- Meditation (Y/N)
2. Process Content
- Schedule/delegate any required tasks or appointments
- File digital receipts
- Archive until Inbox Zero
- Read through all unread posts rapidly
- Tag completed posts as ‘Read’
- Collect incidental thoughts and writing prompts throughout the review process from within Obsidian daily notes.
- If an article from Inoreader is useful for the future, use MarkDownload to convert the HTML to a .md file, to store in Obsidian ‘Resources’ folder.
- From PDF, I use Liquidtext to extract quotes, ideas and concepts from the article. I will often commentate on these ideas in order to dive deeper into the content or relate a certain topic back to a current project.
- Create a daily note in Obsidian and write for ~15 minutes about any thoughts, ideas, feelings or tasks encountered since the previous journal entry. Create backlinks to previous journal entries and categorise key insights to explore further. My markdown template can be found here
3. Schedule Projects
- Use project dashboards in Obsidian to evaluate the state of current projects
- Ensure that at least there is one Next Action for each
- Update projects based on information received last week
- Schedule 4x 2hr Work Cycles throughout the week for project work in Thunderbird calendar
- Project work needs to be more clearly defined. Work on the project management aspect of this protocol - perhaps a better structure is building the macro-level routine in an attempt to simply complete a number of key SOP's daily, as opposed to a specific goal. Maybe these two ideas are not mutually exclusive and I can aim towards some general objectives while iterating on modular protocols in order to achieve them. Seems likely, will consider this over the coming weeks.